The final winner for the Great Sinktown Commission Contest was Jonathan L. Larson, who asked for Cab Calloway. And when I think of Cab Calloway in a context outside Blue Brothers, I immediately go back to the Betty Boop cartoons. The episode where they have Cab singing St. James Infirmary in particular is a major component to Sinktown in the first place! So I had to put in Koko’s dancing ghost and that legless cat from the “Minnie the Moocha” episode.
Well, that wraps it all up for the free commission contest! Thank you everyone for you support of the strip so far, it’s really helped get the word out! In a month or two, I’ll probably start another contest of some kind, but for the time being I need to get back to drawing the actual comic! Haha
Tomorrow it’s another new Sinktown! Look Lively, friends!
- itssomethingyoucantsee likes this
- theletterwsarseflap reblogged this from sinktown
- bettybooplover likes this
- maguiresab likes this
- robotfists likes this
- amhereallday likes this
- dirtyriver reblogged this from sinktown
- stephenbobbett likes this
- beeseverywhere likes this
- thehappysorceress reblogged this from sinktown and added:
- thehappysorceress likes this
- davestokes likes this
- sinktown posted this